Video Culture- A #Konvoconnect Recap
Videos are not only interesting to watch but are also a great way to promote your business, engage your audience and generate leads. Here are a few mind boggling video stats:
- Facebook generates 8 billion video views on average per day. (Source: Social Media Today)
- YouTube reports mobile video consumption rises 100% every year. (Source: Hubspot)
- 90% of users say that product videos are helpful in the decision process. (Source: Hubspot)
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined. (Source: SmallBizTrends)
So this week we thought of talking all about video culture and how has it entirely changed the content flow on Social Media. We talked in general about what type of videos one prefer and the reasons behind it, what entices a click, when do you watch a video. We also talked about more specific points like video marketing strategy and what takes a video to go viral or become trending.
It was a fun filled chat. Read on to discover!
[You can also check our blog on 10 Essential Steps All Viral Videos on Social Media Go Through]
Catch our weekly Twitter Chat, #Konvoconnect, every Friday at 9PM IST for healthy discussions and insights on incredible Social Media topics and meet several social media enthusiasts.
Q1: What type of videos do you like and why?
- Funny and Cooking one . Funny – To make me stress free . Cooking – To learn and experiment in my cooking. @rakeshchaki
- Creatively directed, Automotive, Aerospace vehicles, technological, lifestyle, and list goes on. @Rohitpatelc
- Space, Technology, Humor, Music, Cooking, Marketing, Lifestyle, Fiction, Cartoon and counting. @DigitalVK
- Music, Music and Only Music. Apart from that DIY videos now a days are in trend. Great Stuff and Offcourse Food. @IamMihirPandya
- Funny, short, interesting story telling … because avg attention of customer is going down. @ZeroGravityComm
- I love videos on zero waste, tiny house living
@TinyHouseNZ. I also love videos by Omeletto. Former because of my interest and later because the videos are very deep. @ISpiriTualist
- I watch videos for almost all the purposes. But what I like the most is documentaries. @akathmadevi
- Below are the niche I watch videos mainly [Priority wise] – Tech niche
@mkbhd @Dhananjay_Tech @phoneradarblog Daily Vlogs – Mumbiker, Casey Neistat, Flying Beast – Inspirational – TED Talks, Josh Talks. @parthsuba77
Q2: What makes you click on a particular video?
- Creativity, logic. @Rohitpatelc
- The parameters which I look into before viewing a video on
#YoutTube – The title – The video length – The thumbnail. @parthsuba77
- We believe for food videos we first eat with eyes and content is the king. @jollyfoodfellow
- It’s usually the title. Plus I usually know what I want to watch. @ISpiriTualist
- Curiosity. When content is interesting …. only then anyone clicks. @ZeroGravityComm
- To be true, it is the caption/title of the video. Unless I asses if it is a click-bait. @akathmadevi
- Probably my fav Music or Actress or Sticky Content or probably the precursor to the Video. For me
#RCB, #Music #Technology #Events and #Food @IamMihirPandya
Q3: At what time of the day do you watch videos?
- Night before going to sleep gives relaxation and peace. And Work And Event Videos during work. @IamMihirPandya
- Anything other than related to profession, it is mostly at night. After work. If it is cooking videos – before cooking I learned cooking through it. @akathmadevi
- Weekdays – At night. Weekends – Afternoon. @ISpiriTualist
- Night. @Rohitpatelc
- Night if not related to work. @DigitalVK
- Before work timings, afternoon breaks and evening 6 onward. @ZeroGravityComm
- Mostly after dinner on weekdays Anytime in weekend. @parthsuba77
Q4: What is the best video marketing strategy?
- Questioning videos. @Rohitpatelc
- A very open question. So how I’ll market my personal video is way different than how I’ll market a commercial video. For YouTube channels, AdWords work well. Along with this share it as much as possible. I could write a blog post on this. 280 won’t do the justice. @ISpiriTualist
- Videos that have balance brand positioning, current context, emotions and clear call to action performs the best. @dreamerkushal
#MyntraEORS every year. And recently #RCBBidForBold if people here have seen the campaign. Also #RCB12thMan campaign for Fans. Especially Only Audio Release and Scratch Videos for These Brands. Also #IndianSingers on Instagram handle Videos very well thru Next Upcoming Teasers. And post the Next set of videos on basis of Polls. @IamMihirPandya
[ You can also check our blog on Video Marketing- A #Konvoconnect Recap ]
Q5: How does a video go viral or become trending?
- Unless it’s a paid trend, there isn’t really a recipe for viral content. Some things just happen because the timing is right, people connect to it and there’s something about the video that’s different than what you see usually. @ISpiriTualist
- By much sensed, or much stupid, super different, super cool and unlimited reasons, or no reasons. @Rohitpatelc
- A lot of ways. Ethical and Unethical. Bots or Genuine Content. Choice is yours! @IamMihirPandya
- Meme materials. @apsster
Hope you found this blog useful. Let us know in the comments below! Have a great day 🙂