Personal Branding- A #KonvoConnect Recap
Personal Branding is the process of managing and optimizing the way in which you are presented to others. Having a powerful personal brand not only leads to greater credibility and mind share but also creates recognition and prestige for yourself.
So this week on #Konvoconnect we thought of discussing about Personal Branding, How to do it, why is it important, how to strategise it and a lot more.
Read on to discover!
[ You may also like our blog on Branding on LinkedIN! ]
Catch our weekly Twitter Chat, #Konvoconnect, every Friday at 9PM IST for healthy discussions and insights on incredible Social Media topics and meet several social media enthusiasts.
Q1: What do you understand by Personal Branding?
- Making known to people about your area of expertise, your passion or your skills. And in a way you are also willing to share it with others. @SocialNoel
- Personal Branding is all about YOU ! One has to be YOUniqe. @Pandya_Khushbu
- It’s basically defining you. And showcasing it to the world. That includes what you’re good at. And not. @mehulgohil
- Building your own identity. @huzefamotiwala
- Honing in on what we’re known for, what we care most about, and what we’re good at, and developing communications, experiences, and a portfolio that reflect these. @JeremyDBond
Q2: Why is Personal Branding important?
- It’s important so that you learn of OPPORTUNITIES needing your set of skills or to help you offer your services at a price that best fits for the assignment. @SocialNoel
- It’s important as it creates the first impression and sets the tone for conversations. A personal brand reaches masses which to reach otherwise is almost impossible. Its always better to brand yourself before others make judgement at you. @ItsMonis
- Our brand is how we define ourselves professionally. To grow in a digital era, we need a digital profile. And in an age in which most people no longer stay in the same job for much of their lives, or even the same career, our brand is transferable and malleable.@JeremyDBond
Q3: How to do Personal Branding?
- Work backwards. Don’t try to be someone you’re not. Be transparent about it.
@Tanvi_Bhatt can share some more tips. @mehulgohil
- Speak about yourself before others make an impression about you. I use LinkedIn, Insta, Facebook, Twitter etc to express myself, which in a way enhances my personal brand.
#KonvoConnect is one such great opportunity for the same. @ItsMonis
- 1) Keep it Simple 2) Be Genuine 3) No froth, Pure Substance! @SocialNoel
- Just be yourself. @reshav_ravi
- My opinion: It’s best to let your connections and reputation develop naturally. Then reflect on and analyze what you’ve developed, in part by asking others. Ultimately you’ll promote your brand by focusing on the reputation you already have. @JeremyDBond
- Always be realistic and accessible! Have a strong social media profile. Make your presence at networking events, conferences, seminar. @ShethKahini
Q4: Is it advisable to have the same profile picture for your personal brand on all Social Media platforms?
- Simply because the purpose and usage of all these platforms is entirely different? And while the audience might be similar in some cases, we definitely can define the usage right on the onset. @Un_okhi
- Yes and no. We have myriad shades to our personal. And why not define a platform by giving it a unique identity? @mehulgohil
- They say it is, so I do—though it’s not a professional shot. With so many other people out there with your name, it’s a quick way to know it’s you. And consistent imagery is part of branding. @JeremyDBond
- The reason of existence of different social media platforms is they are different in nature. Having same profile pics every where will not connect with the behavior of audience on respective platforms. @ItsMonis
Q5: How important is Personal Branding to you?
You may also like our blog on how to build brand stories on Social Media.
Hope this blog was useful. Have a great day 🙂