Hashtags in LinkedIn – A #KonvoConnect Recap
Hashtags are an essential ingredient to the social posting recipe. Up until recently, hashtags were frowned upon when used on LinkedIn because they were a telltale sign of cross-posting content from Twitter.
Since LinkedIn is hell-bent on becoming the premier social network for professionals and the LinkedIn database has become enormous, they realized the need to better categorize, organize and filter content. Hashtags are an easy way to do just that.
Hashtags allow LinkedIn to “listen” to topics that matter most to their users, and in turn, create a better user experience for members.
So this week on #KonvoConnect we thought about talking about ‘HASHTAGS IN LINKEDIN‘ in detail.
You may also like reading our blog on Marketing through Hashtags.
Catch our weekly Twitter Chat, #Konvoconnect, every Friday at 9PM IST for healthy discussions and insights on incredible Social Media topics and meet several social media enthusiasts.
Q1: Have you been using hashtags in LinkedIn?
- Yes, I use
#hashtags on @LinkedIn anytime I am promoting my company and what we do in an effort to gain new business or at least exposure of our business. I have gained a bit of attention from prospective clients and am also slowly making a name for myself in our industry. @BCaldwellUIS
- Yes. I’ve experimented with
#Hashtags on @LinkedIn but they haven’t won me a any major traction. @HandesUp
- I have started using the hashtags on
#LinkedIn, very recently. @WanderlustGirl_
- Yup, started adding hashtags to each posts. @huzefamotiwala
- Yes. @GaneshJAcharya
Q2: How much beneficial it is to discover hashtags in LinkedIn?
- Quite useful to be honest. It sets the context right 🙂 @Aa_balaNari
- It will not work better because very few direct consumers search projects on
- I use
#hashtag searching frequently when looking for prospects. My company has a very unique set if job roles that we work with, so it makes finding potential clients fairly easy. @BCaldwellUIS
Q3: Do adding hashtags in LinkedIn posts help?
- I’ve been following certain hashtags but don’t know how useful it is. Would want to know from other if they can share or enhance my experience. @Ujascool007
- Definitely. I often am looking for someone in
#communications such as #pr or #marketing and those #hashtags abound. @BCaldwellUIS
- yes. Because of it feature – follow hashtags and this section is visible in one’s profile. It helps in conversations and connection. Means a lot right? @Pandya_Khushbu
- Hashtags in LinkedIn can get one connected to the community. One can find some related answers or solutions within the hashtag. @huzefamotiwala
Q4: How important it is to incoporate LinkedIn hashtags into overall Social Media Strategy?
@LinkedIn is part of your #marketing campaign then one should definitely plan a proper hashtag strategy that can curate everything together from each #socialmedia platform. @Pandya_Khushbu #hashtags should be used in all #socialmedia strategies – @LinkedIn, @Twitter, @instagram, @Pinterest – everything. @BCaldwellUIS
- In order to reach out to desired target segments, it’s vital to include hashtags; it’s equally important to have hashtags that lend relevance to the content and not have them for the sake of doing so. For instance, adding
#Ferrari to this tweet doesn’t mean anything. @1DigitaLife
Q5: Share you top 5 hashtags that you use each time.
#PR #marketing #mediamonitoring #newsmonitoring #PRmeasurement And, on these replies, #konvoconnect @BCaldwellUIS #marketing, #SocialMedia, #sales, #business, and #strategy. @huzefamotiwala #CustExp #Strategy #Marketing #FF #B2B #Branding are some hashtags I frequently use apart from #KonvoConnect every Friday!! @1DigitaLife
Hope this blog your useful. See you this friday at Konvoconnect!