This week on #Konvoconnect, we talked about Social Media Goals. Starting from what do Social Media Goals mean, the community extended the chat to discussing about how do brands need to fix their social media goals, how to link social media goals with the business goals, and so on. We even asked the community about their or their company’s social media goals. And at last discussed as to how to measure these goals once they are set and move forward with setting new goals!
Read on to discover all of the amazing insights that were shared during the chat!
Catch our weekly Twitter Chat, #Konvoconnect, every Friday at 9PM IST for healthy discussions and insights on incredible Social Media topics and meet several social media enthusiasts.
Q1: What are social media goals?
- Convey message, customer care, brand or product updates, whitepaper release, etc are social media goals too. @huzefamotiwala
- To make Twitter Great again. To make it free from Fake profiles, creeps, fake campaign, abuse and online frauds. Being socially responsible. @MasoomJethwa
- It’s all about creating
#SMART goals. Some common social media goals are increasing brand awareness and engagement, creating loyal fan base, improving ROI, increase in person sales etc. @angira_biswas
- Social Media goals are about exploring the human side of the brand and connecting with the target audience. @SocialNoel
- In a lighter note, is it like a cookie rookie game, Give me number, take the money for social media marketing campaign. @MasoomJethwa
- Maximizing the clicks to the respected sites, branding….etc @Rohitpatelc
- Social media goals of any brand has to aligned to what brand goals are. Reach, reputation management, sales or healthy presence ? Because the world is on social media we have to be there is wrong unless a strategy is defined aligned with company goals. @ZeroGravityComm
- Can social media marketing help with my business goals? Can social media marketing drive sales and inquiries? Can social media drive quality traffic to my website?@WeREnterprising
Q2: Why do brand need to fix social media goals?
- Because Brand pays people and wherever money is involved, goals has to be made. A correct plan with outcomes in numbers are required to show and get money from clients. @MasoomJethwa
- Brands need to fix their goals so as to target the right people at right time, to enhance brand awareness, maintain public relations, etc @princessdhruva
- Today if brand don’t fix the goal then they will loose drivers position and will be driven by user/consumer or any random person. Brand need to define tone, dos & don’t, campaign, etc. @ZeroGravityComm
- If someone desires something, the “something” is the goal. It’s the quest to the accomplishment. @Rohitpatelc
- A key part of social media success is knowing which goals and targets to set for your team. Without goals, it’s hard to know exactly how well your social media strategy is performing and where you need to iterate to continue moving forwards. @angira_biswas
Q3: How to link social media goals with business goals?
- You cant create those individually. Once a business goal is set, then based on it social media Goals are decided. Otherwise it will be like buying a Tshirt and jeans separately and trying to create a Sync among two. @ItsMonis
- I have only personal goals as of now to achieve and engage with Sharp brains here, apart from that I use social media when I have time, I don’t spare time, but I read stuffs, do vigilance and make it clean. @MasoomJethwa
- Social media goals have to be set on the basis of your business goals & objectives. If your business goal is to create brand awareness or engagement or to improve ROI or lead generation then social media goals will act as one of the support systems of the same. @angira_biswas
- For business – Anything comes by anyway is the leverage. Like pizza – anytime any pizza. @Rohitpatelc
- By intelligently alignment of business and social media goals. @WeREnterprising
Q4: What are your/your company’s social media goals?
- Branding. Giving healthy competition. @Rohitpatelc
- Do something different which catches eye and make us stand out. So we go by the fads which people gave created but companies are less active upon. For example kids, men and legend series. Our goal is Be Creative and let people do the talking. @ItsMonis
- Show we are, be transparent, show our people who are behind any and every work we do. Recently added one goal by highlight second level team writing blogs every week about work and life at ZGC. @ZeroGravityComm
Q5: How to measure social media goals once they were set and how to move forward with setting new goals?
- Its like (trending now) block chain. Should follow the single objectives and moving on to another and perpetually. @Rohitpatelc
- Followers count , reach of your social media posts, mentions, shares, and RTs, whether it is driving traffic to your website or generating leads,etc. Google Analytics is a good to tool to measure social media performance. @angira_biswas
- Define small goals like we mentioned weekly team blogs for 8 weeks follow up and make sure it happens and then measure via different parameters like read, traffic, job application or new client mentioning they read our blog etc. @ZeroGravityComm
Thank you for reading! Stay tuned for this friday’s konvoconnect topic!