Christmas and Festive days are here, so this week on #Konvoconnect we thought of talking on Christmas Campaigns and how can businesses add that Christmas spirit to its social media efforts. We talked about the best Christmas campaigns we have witnessed till now, how to plan special content for Christmas Campaign, What are the best ways to promote festive campaigns and also brainstormed creative Christmas campaigns by brands.
Read on to discover all of the amazing insights that were shared during the chat!
Catch our weekly Twitter Chat, #Konvoconnect, every Friday at 9PM IST for healthy discussions and insights on incredible Social Media topics and meet several social media enthusiasts.
Q1: How can a business add up Christmas spirit to its social media efforts?
- The onus lies on businesses to drive buzz across Engagement channels. Clever copy and visually appealing content, attractive purchase discounts, lucky-draw prizes, countdown offers, and aspirational marketing will help lay the foundation for great campaigns. Businesses also need to keep it simple & ensure they don’t get too clever for their own good. The idea is to use the occasion of a festival to engage actively with customers, give them added incentive to consider buying through a feel-good factor. @Hande_Pradyut
- Should tag up the deeds with celebration of tree’s, gift’s, themes etc… Mainly, Should tag the theme based on location/folk/locale. @Rohitpatelc
- By creating a theme based campaign to reach to the customers. Further elaboration: We can create song based, series of picture based or even text-based campaign series. @WeREnterprising
- A1: Incorporate compelling
#contentmarketing plan that reflects festive spirit, offer opportunity to connect with desired target audiences across #SocialMedia platforms. @1DigitaLife
Q2: The best Christmas campaign you witnessed till now?
- I love the campaigns by
@CityboxOslo. Before Christmas, kids in primary school and kindergarten make decorations. Traditionally these include garlands for the Christmas tree and toilet paper santas dressed in felts and rocking a cotton beard. @Pandya_Khushbu
- Two campaigns that really worked, IMO – 1. The Nerolac India
#ChristmasColours campaign in 2016, some smart visual images and copy, shaped in the form of x-mas trees/Santa – encouraged folks to deck their walls in colours of Christmas. @Hande_Pradyut
- The best campaign till date IMO is of WestJet airlines. Perfect integration of social media and festive branding. @VijayMandeep
- When i was in 2nd std, I witnessed a Santa placed multi chocolates in one of my pair of socks. Which was actually placed by one of my dad’s regiment personnel. @Rohitpatelc
Q3: How do you plan special content for Christmas Campaign on social media?
- Get your objectives right – escalate
#Holiday fever, increase #User #Engagement, push up revenues. Use the right mix of image/video content for maximum appeal. Encourage users to create & share their own content using relevant #Hashtags for your campaign. User generated content is a great way to leverage your campaign, make it trending. E.g. Starbucks’ Christmas Campaigns. Lastly – learn to give something free to get something valuable in return – giveaways & holiday shopping guides work well for retail & FMCG brands. @Hande_Pradyut
- Involve audiences in exclusive
#Christmas messages: it is critical to de-clutter basis brand personas and yet maintain exclusivity via intelligent #content strategy to gel with integrated communications. @1DigitaLife
- Celebrating it with own brand merchandise. Is the best way to do it. @Rohitpatelc
- We’re celebrating Christmas giveaways 🙂 a week of giveaways to our customers Santa Claus feeling. @apsster
Q4: Which are the best ways to promote festival campaigns?
- I know everyone will have tons of suggestions around campaigning for festivals on social media. But study says people spend less time on social media during the holiday season. So IMO live campaigns and festive activation are a go to Strategy. @VijayMandeep
- Brands must realize that
#SocialMedia isn’t the only channel of #Engagement. They need to use a mix of traditional, #Digital & #Mobile #Marketing to actively keep users engaged. Apps can benefit from personalized & contextual push notifications, emails. The idea must be to subtly encourage buying behaviour on the back of a smart. @Hande_Pradyut
- Coupling it with festive offers. Giveaways. @huzefamotiwala
Q5: Any creative Christmas campaign idea by brands that you loved the most?
- Personally a big fan of
@AirCanada’s #ACGiftOfHome Christmas Campaign in 2014. Has a powerful emotional message that doesn’t plug in the brand or its service. The campaign focuses on creating goodwill, warming hearts & driving “home” the importance of #Family. @Hande_Pradyut
- I might sound a bit old school but the brand that connects me everytime during Christmas is
@johnlewisretail Their campaigns have that family connect. But out of all their campaigns, my favourite is #BusterTheBoxer. @VijayMandeep
Thanks for reading! Leave your suggestions and opinions in the comment section below. And Merry Christmas!!