We all think that the marketing is entirely about social media because of all the all buzz we hear around about social media campaigns, promotions, events and so on, yet there are so many campaigns that continue to operate offline. And it is very important that we use social media as a leverage so as to amplify the offline campaigns, so that marketers can enjoy the best of both world.
So this week on #Konvoconnect we talked about ‘Leveraging Social Media for amplifying offline campaign’s’. We discussed about whether integrating Social media in offline ad campaigns important, talked about weaving social media into offline campaigns, discussed how social media amplify a marketing message, chatted about how to frame social media messaging in offline campaigns and also pondered as to how to strategize integration of offline and social media in brand ad campaigns.
Read on to discover all the amazing insights shared during the chat!
Join our weekly Twitter Chat, #Konvoconnect, every Friday at 8PM IST for healthy discussions and insights on incredible Social Media topics and meet several social media enthusiasts.
Q1: Is integrating social media in offline ad campaigns important?
- Integration is the trend. Blending different ideas to get a unique objective is always elite. –@Rohitpatelc
- Offline campaigns are the times people talk around the brand. Capture these conversations on SM, for no paid ad can buy them for you. –@SocialNoel
- Integration of Social Media in Offline is like a perfect marriage to reach your audience. Therefore giving you full control to tap them. –@rohitbhatte
- Surely as it helps in pre-event, on event and post event promotion. It also creates avenue for those who missed to attend.- @ItsMonis
- Yes. But the integration needs to be seamless and not seem forced. Although, without tracking & analysis, it’s a futile exercise. –@adicrazy
- Absolutely necessary to have a 360 degree marketing mix of Social Media & offline campaigns to reach out to maximum target audience. –@angira_biswas
- Course, the ad running offline means it has a limit, an expiry date but your social media is constant, well if you’re doing your job. –@osx_ail
- 100%. After reading offline, people may want to see the online properties. Absence online may be considered not to standards. –@GaneshJAcharya
- It’s not an option any longer; point is whether we are keen in mass spraying or precise targeting. –@1DigitaLife
Q2: How to weave social media into offline campaigns?
- By Offering Discount and Coupon to those who like, comment & share your deal or come to store to avail the discount or bar-code or Free WiFi. –@rohitbhatte
- Through uses of things like hashtags tracking or QR codes; these two are specifically great for ROI, they work quite well. –@osx_ail
- Create buzz about any offline campaign on social media in advance. Create invites and send. Use last years pics and videos. –@ItsMonis
- Newsletters/brochures, e-books, etc. –@Rohitpatelc
- Using offline campaigns like “tweet
#xyz to @abc and find your tweet on this billboard, newspaper/ magazine etc. –@angira_biswas
- Outline business objectives to be attained via social media & initiate campaigns that reach relevant Target Group. –@1DigitaLife
- Brand-name and campaign-name visible links which are short and explanatory in nature need to be added along offline ads. –@GaneshJAcharya
Q3: How does social media amplify a marketing message?
- Creative writing is all that is needed in Social Media to grab ones attention. You can keep surprise element hidden to engage your audience. –@rohitbhatte
- By tagging, listing, sharing through the target audience. –@Rohitpatelc
- It’s reach is amplifies beyond the boundaries of offline campaigns whether it’s print, ooh, radio, transit, events etc. –@ItsMonis
- With majority of users spending endless time online, why would you not? Social Media amplifies & to miss out such a huge demographic. –@osx_ail
- Good reviews on social media can help conversions. –@GaneshJAcharya
- Other forms of media may give u reach. Only SM gives u Maximum Reach & Engagement, ensure that ur message is impressive! –@SocialNoel
- Offering to create multiple audience segments basis interests, lifestyle, content becomes get contextual. –@1DigitaLife
- By convergence, systematically placing all your messaging to correlate with the same call-to-action, this is integration. – @osx_ail
- In print using icons and follow for updates. messages, at venue selfie booths with social icon cutouts, live screens for Twitter. –@ItsMonis
- By using integrated communication which encourages audience to do certain activities to avail an offer or be featured. –@rohitbhatte
- Call to action, hashtags, making mandatory mention of all
#SocialMedia handles in all offline campaigns. –@angira_biswas
Q5: How to strategize integration of offline and social media in brand ad campaigns?
- Collateral must have social media links.Creating
#tag for campaigns like #dhodala, campaign teasers & contest around it. –@ItsMonis
- Mandatory mention of
#Socialmedia handles in all #offline #campaigns, promoting SM contests thru offline campaigns. –@angira_biswas
Thank you for reading. Hope our blogs are useful to you. let us know in the comment section below!