This week on #Konvoconnect, we talked about digital nomads —individuals that leverage technology in order to work remotely and live an independent and nomadic lifestyle.. The community discussed the feasibility of the digital nomadism concept, with what work portfolios it works well, how well the concepts of digital nomadism and entrepreneurship blend, the future of digital nomadism, and much more.
Read on to discover all the splendid insights that were shared during the chat, from our Konvoconnect community. You can also join our Facebook group to stay updated with the latest topics and be a part of the discussions.
Join our weekly Twitter Chat, #Konvoconnect, every Friday at 8PM IST for healthy discussions and insights on incredible Social Media topics and meet several social media enthusiasts.
Q1: Who can be termed as a Digital Nomad?
- “Individuals that leverage technology in order to to work remotely and live an independent nomadic lifestyle” @Kartik__Kartik
- “Digital nomads are people who are location independent and use technology to perform their job. Digital nomads can be found working in most industries of marketing, design, IT, writing, media, tutoring and consulting.” @romspeaks
- “One with dual lens camera Mobile and 4G pack active is digital nomad. ” @MasoomJethwa
- “They also *work* I mention this because you’re not a digital nomad if you just travel and roam the world. Travel and work using the Internet” @FakhruddinKagal
- “Digital Nomads in a way are Plug-and-Play people.” @SocialNoel
- “Those who use Internet/technologies to engage a living & live up their life in a eternal digital manner.” @Rohitpatelc
Q2: How feasible is the concept of Digital Nomadism?
- “Technologies r changing d way we work. Productivity is now calculated with new variables like cost, convenience & timelines.” @SocialNoel
- “Somewhere experiencing the world in a beautiful setting while working, challenging, growing professionally, it is feasible” @romspeaks
- “Not easy. But not impossible. A person without permanent address also can get access to internet from a cyber cafe etc. ” @GaneshJAcharya
- “There’s nothing in the world can be excused from digitalism, so one has to engage directly/indirectly or one way or other” @Rohitpatelc
- “extremely busy and creative content with less time and energy is feasible” @MasoomJethwa
- “If one want to travel more, go do it. One will work until the death so taking some time off for a bit to travel is perfect.” @Kartik__Kartik
- “If you love to explore new things in life but you cannot also ignore the work than being a Digital Nomad is best option” @FakhruddinKagal
Q3: Which work portfolios can work well under Digital Nomadism?
- “Entrepreneur, customer success specialist, consultant, graphic designer, photographer, writer.” @romspeaks
- “Designing, Photography, Writing, Editing, Volunteering to name a few” @travllerbybirth
- “Content writer, social media channels jobs, influencers, bloggers and Food bloggers.” @MasoomJethwa
- “Only few doesn’t work well, rest all is on between the database.” @Rohitpatelc
- “There are Many Sadhus and voyagers for them
#Digital #Nomadism works well. “@GaneshJAcharya
- “Freelancer, Entrepreneur, Web Developer, Online Marketing, Infopreneurship, Bloggers, Consulting and list goes on” @Kartik__Kartik
Q4: How well do the concepts of Entrepreneurship & Digital Nomad blend?
- “There are ways to sustain yourself as a digital nomad, I think one of the best one is building your own Startup.” @romspeaks
@buffer team is one excellent example of distributed team and allows each member to be a digital nomad. Increasingly many folks are becoming freelancers and doesn’t matter where they work from” @MalharBarai
- “Making money does not need a permanent address. A freedom freak can always seek
#Entrepreneurship and #DigitalNomadism. There r people who love travel. They take up jobs/trade in countries and continue travel ” @GaneshJAcharya
- “Like milk and tea in masala chai” @SocialNoel
- “Digital has given many player
#wings – #they are doing what they want and like” @nitinSPEAKs
- “Like pizza with more cheese.” @Rohitpatelc
- “They don’t blend well for investors, as capitalists need to see your office and schedule” @MasoomJethwa
- “As startups evolve to take on challenges of the digital age, digital nomad is quickly becoming an asset to them.” @Kartik__Kartik
Q5: Do you thinl the future of work lies in being a Digital Nomad? Why or Why Not?
#DigitalNomad Janwaar Village: An inspirational tourism destination of Madhya Pradesh http://travelosthan.com/janwaar/” @ankit1989
- “One who is not afraid of being a nomad won’t think so much about a future, I guess. ” @travllerbybirth
- “I don’t know about the future, but if I do get a chance will never miss it. Indirectly paid to travel” @FakhruddinKagal
- “This way of working is impacting the way we are living and is giving more people the freedom to combine work and travel. days now are filled with tales of innovation, inspiration, and injustice. And somewhere in that process, one turns “digital nomad. collaborate on new projects, and be surrounded by similarly-minded people — for productivity, ambition, and motivation.” @romspeaks
- ” I feel yes, because no one wants to sit in a cubicle and work like bondhu, looking outside.” @MasoomJethwa
- “DigitalNomads will be a part of a workflow chain in the near future. the chain will further shape up by plugins that come along d way” @SocialNoel
- “The biggest remote-first companies like
@automattic @buffer @basecamp @InVisionApp tend to be the first for Digital Nomad. This new way of working is vastly impacting the way we are living & is giving the freedom to combine work with traveling. ” @Kartik__Kartik
What are your thoughts on digital nomadism, do share with us. Hope you found the blog interesting. Comment your reviews below!