Email marketing is one of the oldest and the most effective form of marketing. You might think that email marketing is outdated but research says that it is the most profitable, personalized and cost-effective way to turn prospects into customers without spending a lot of money. So here we share some tips and tricks on how to master the art of email marketing:
1) Allow easy subscription: Have a subscription signup page on your website. Make it easy for your viewers to subscribe to your newsletters. If possible even share that subscription page/link to your other social accounts like Facebook, Twitter, etc. Also avoid have too long subscription pages as that might disinterest your audience.
2) Notify by sending a welcome email: Whenever a new member is added make sure to send them a welcome email as a means to remind them that they’re on your list and good things are in store for them.
3) Make it Catchy: Avoid using long subject lines. Long paragraphs make your emails looks boring. Remember to include bullets, subheadings and catchy phrases to enrich your content.
4) Identify what your subscribers want: Provide content what your audience yearn for. Identify their need and deliver accordingly. An engineer might not be interested in an arts exhibition. So make sure you target the right audience.
5) Have a schedule: It is very important to schedule your posts. Take care that you don’t bombard your audience with too much content all at the same time. Be consisted, uniform and regular in your approach.
6) Make them easy to share: Make sure that you’re emails are shareable. Because the more shares you get the more chances for your message to reach a wider audience.
7) Personalize your emails: Techniques like ‘product personalisation’ where purchasing patterns of consumers are analyzed have found to trigger responses by 97%.
8) Choose a casual and friendly approach: Use an informal way to communicate with your audience. Be friendly and casual as that is how your viewers will feel close to you.
9) Send emails over weekends: It is found that emails that are send over weekends have 89% greater engagement rate than those sent otherwise.
Next time you use email marketing, make sure to keep these tips in mind!